Search Ms. Lane's SLP Materials

Auditory Memory: Recalling Sentences (3-5 Words)

I have the hardest time thinking of short sentences on the spot when working on recalling sentences in therapy.  I guess I just can't think and count that quickly!  Here is a list of 3, 4, and 5 word sentences that you can use with any game or that you can send home as homework.  I like to use games like Pop-Up Pirate that allow for lots of trials!

Has anyone else noticed that it's harder for kids to recall questions than statements?  I think their brains automatically want to answer the questions rather than remember the words.

8 comments:

  1. I'm just a mom who is trying some auditory processing games with my five year old son. How do you use the Pop Up Pirate game in conjunction with the questions? Thanks! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just have my kids repeat one or two sentences before they earn a sword to put in the barrel. There are so many swords that you can squeeze a LOT of trials in before the game ends!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this! I'm looking at 6-8 word sentences for a second grader with difficulty recalling sentences. Do you have a list you could share? Thanks!

    Amanda Bullman
    Amanda.bullman@apsb.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just emailed you a few lists that I have. Hope they help! Don't forget to work on recalling details in the sentences too, which is a very important receptive language skill!
      ~Ms. Lane

      Delete
    2. In case anyone else wants a link to my 8-10 word sentences, here it is!

      Click here!

      Delete
    3. Hello Lane, I was wondering if you could also email me this 6-8 words sentences you have. Thank you! Jennifer.skanes@gmail.com

      Delete
    4. Could I also get the 6-8 word sentences please? Thank you!
      kelc0988@yahoo.com

      Delete
  3. Can I get 3 letter words sentence? For example: Max wet the mop?

    ReplyDelete

More Materials

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...